View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011   #163
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

I think anyone who watched the cowboys enough and even ask cowboy fans, they didn't get consistent pressure even during their high sack year. They had 50 sacks one year, but were middle of the pack in terms of qb pressures and hits on the qb. I think with mario playing olb, his sack total might be up, but it will come at the expense of the rest of the teammates. Go and look at gb last year as an example in terms of d-line play. They had like 20 sacks from the line. The versitility and power of raji and jenkins allowed the cat blitzes and clay to get sacks off free runs to the qb. The year prior, arizona had docket and campbell working the qb off a 3 man rush. The cards were a top 10 defense because of this. When sd had a truly good defense, it was merriman and phillips bringing the heat off the edge, but castille was applying a lot of pressure. I think mario as a 5 would be as dominant as seymour was as a patriot. Mario would be a 10 sack kind of guy, but he would free up others to pitch in. As the olb, he's really not freeing anyone up. Just my opinion.