View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011   #156
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We aren't running the steelers 34.

And Mario is an edge rusher all day. He may not have that extremely quick burst that you see from a freeney or even mark Anderson, but Mario is an edge rusher.

He can rush from the inside but he is better outside where an og can't provide help and get under his pads.

Good interior rushers normally have a very low pad level which keeps interior o linemen from sticking a hand out and slowing them down. By Mario being 6'6" it wouldn't be hard for a strong 6'3 guard with a good knee bend to slow him down.

Limited space to work in and already at a leverage disadvantage. Not a good formula.
I agree!

Also, I based this on watching the Cowboys played.
Ware spent a lot of times rushing upfield; that didn't diminish their pass rush.

I understand that the unpredictability isn't the same, but you play with the hand you got. You let your best rusher rush the QB.

Don't forget there's also the stunt that will let Mario rush the inside intead of coming off the edge.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote