View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011   #154
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Let's talk ball and situational football which is what this league is. 3rd&5, te,slot,and wr on marios side when he's standing up. In that situation, mario will have to play head up on the te. Not only is mario exposing more surface area because he's 6'7, he's going to have to protect his legs.

I really think that no matter what they're pretending to say, tbe team would be a lot with mario playing the 5 technique. Smith and anderson would be better options at olb than mario. Those guys fit the bill size wise to play olb. I guess u could use the guy who played opposite ware as an example, but that's a stretch.
Maybe in not understanding your formation or maybe it doesn't make sense, but I think Mario is going to be the weakside olb.

How many receivers total are on the field in your scenario? There would have to at least be one more on the other side of the field.

If that's the case I expect them to come out of their base 34 and bring another corner on the field.

I don't see him being in a situation like that where we are in a base defense with 3 wr's on the field.

But if we are, the other olb will be the one that will have to respond because Mario will likely be rushing anyways.

I'm not exactly sure I understand your concerns.

And I think they could play it either way. Mario at the 5 or Mario standing up.

But I see what they are doing with having him standing up. basically they are going to force teams to throw and dare them to run. I just dont see many teams being able to run at Mario. By him standing up on the outside he will automatically be outflanking the offensive tackle.

Marios biggest hurdle might actually be just that. He will need to learn how to not leave himself vulnerable to fb's diving at his knees.

But I don't share the concerns about Mario at olb.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote