View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011   #152
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
First off, let me pat myself on the back because I was the first person on the board to say our base defense will basically be a 5-2 and I said it before the interview came out with Wade saying the same thing. Including the stuff about Mario being a hands up DE.

But my post wasn't saying what we ARE going to do, my post was saying what I'd feel more comfortable with from more of a standard 3-4 given our personnel AND which of our personnel I'd prefer to see out there. Basically, I'd feel more comfortable with Reed and Barwin coming off the edges with Mario as the DE that taking one of Reed/Barwin off the field and putting Antonio Smith on the field, instead.
Ok.

I think Mario being in the olb position with smith and watts on the line is a better run formation.

If an offense has two wr, a fb, a rb and a te, then I think we'd be safe in our base defense.

If a team removes a te, or fb (or both) and puts in a wr then i think we will switch out if that base defense. That's all I'm saying.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote