View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011   #148
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've heard both Wade & Herring say it doesn't matter what the offense does, we are going to rush who we want, when we want.

In this situation, that does not put Mario head to head with the tightend. Mario will widen out more, the line will slide to the TE, Watt moves inside the tackle, Cody will shade the strongside shoulder of the center, Antonio will line up outside the TE.

Mario is going for the QB when the ball is snapped.

I agree with Anderson as OLB, I agree with Mario as a 5-tech (but they're adamant about him being an OLB)..... I don't see Antonio as an OLB. IIRC, Mario dropped into coverage more than Antonio. Antonio was the guy they kicked inside on passing downs..... that says 3-4 DE to me. Maybe not 5 tech, but DE all the same.
If Mario is to play WILL (mostly) as we've been hearing, he shouldn't see the TE hardly, now will he?

At any rate, I've seen Mario going against the TE as a 34 SOLB, and he did just fine.
It was the TE that had a hard time with him.
So I don't have any concern anyway.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote