View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011   #146
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Let's talk ball and situational football which is what this league is. 3rd&5, te,slot,and wr on marios side when he's standing up. In that situation, mario will have to play head up on the te. Not only is mario exposing more surface area because he's 6'7, he's going to have to protect his legs.

I really think that no matter what they're pretending to say, tbe team would be a lot with mario playing the 5 technique. Smith and anderson would be better options at olb than mario. Those guys fit the bill size wise to play olb. I guess u could use the guy who played opposite ware as an example, but that's a stretch.
I've heard both Wade & Herring say it doesn't matter what the offense does, we are going to rush who we want, when we want.

In this situation, that does not put Mario head to head with the tightend. Mario will widen out more, the line will slide to the TE, Watt moves inside the tackle, Cody will shade the strongside shoulder of the center, Antonio will line up outside the TE.

Mario is going for the QB when the ball is snapped.

I agree with Anderson as OLB, I agree with Mario as a 5-tech (but they're adamant about him being an OLB)..... I don't see Antonio as an OLB. IIRC, Mario dropped into coverage more than Antonio. Antonio was the guy they kicked inside on passing downs..... that says 3-4 DE to me. Maybe not 5 tech, but DE all the same.