View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011   #145
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Look dude, don't come poppin in here trying to confuse me with the facts. My mind is made up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
In passing situations I don't think they will be in their base defense.

Passing situations you can put some freaky stuff out there. Mario, watts, reed and barwin would be a good four to send. Mix in a Cushing blitz to top it off.

Also, in regards to Mario I view him as a standing de. We are basically playing a 5-2 as a base defense. Of course you wouldn't be in that defense against a team like the colts.

But against a team like the ravens or Pittsburg it can be effective.

Initially I was worried about Mario at olb, but I heard wade describe his defense and what he wants to do and I'm not worried anymore.

Against the colts and teams that like to air it out I expect Mario to have his hand on the ground for much of the game.

But if a team wants to pound the ball it would seem that getting more bulk on the field would make that harder to do.

I don't expect Mario to be running with te's and backs. Sometimes he'll drop into a zone, but that's about it.

But yeah, in passing situations expect Mario to put his hand on the ground.

That's another reason I think Mitchell can play on the nose. He will basically have two d lineman on both sides of him in situations where a run is possible.

This won't be your typical 3-4 but I do believe it will be fun to watch.
Let's talk ball and situational football which is what this league is. 3rd&5, te,slot,and wr on marios side when he's standing up. In that situation, mario will have to play head up on the te. Not only is mario exposing more surface area because he's 6'7, he's going to have to protect his legs.

I really think that no matter what they're pretending to say, tbe team would be a lot with mario playing the 5 technique. Smith and anderson would be better options at olb than mario. Those guys fit the bill size wise to play olb. I guess u could use the guy who played opposite ware as an example, but that's a stretch.