View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011   #112
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The only problem I see with that lineup is Earl Mitchell at NT, 291 lbs. is awfully light for a NT and makes us weak in the middle and susceptible to the run. I'm thinking Shawn Cody starts at NT or we go after a NT in FA.
This. I think Cody starts at NT, with Earl being a pass rush type guy. The one thing about having a smallish nose is we have a pretty big front other than that. With Mario (290ish) and Reed/Barwin (260+) and Cushing at MLB(265) that's a big LB group that can help shore up the front 7. Also, ability means a little more than size, IMO. Football ability goes farther than just being a fat guy.