View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011   #177
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning S, signs with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I just finish with the Bears/Cowboys game in week 2.
Manning had a very nice game, all around.

There's no way this guy can be lacking in coverage!
He reads run/pass very well and reacts quickly.

Again, he played mostly SS, but also saw some action at FS.

Witten had 5 catches, but none when Manning took him on.
When Manning gets on Witten, he shuts him down.

Looks good in coverage over the top, always showing up where he was supposed to be.
He got back to defend Miles Austin late in the game to prevent a possible TD pass that could have tied the game.

He read and reacted well to stop barber on a short yardage situation at the goal line, hitting him in the air.

No wonder Phillips wants him!

I think I'm going to take a break now.
What a way to spend a day off!
From what I've read, last year he did well. Before that, the bears didn't know what to do with him - Moving him around as a safety, playing him as a nickle cornerback, etc. Maybe last year he just clicked?