View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The New Texans Defense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

And, as was stated by michaelm, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario traded. He's going into the last year of his contract and he's probably going to be happier as a 4-3 DE. We could get an experienced 3-4 OLB and a good NT and shore up this defense. (And maybe throw in a great WR for the O.)

I can understand why people think mario can "fit" at OLB, but his value is clearly as a 4-3 DE.
4-3 DEs have tremendous value in the NFL, and we happen to not need one at this time.
I say the only way to truly maximize Mario's value is by trading him, and turning that value into players that fit the 3-4 better, or draft picks. Along with players and/or picks, the Texans get cap relief.
It's very much a win-win-win scenario for the Texans, Mario, and any team in need of a pass rushing 4-3 DE, which is a lot of teams out there.

*edit*
As far as the cap relief part of this deal, I may or may not be correct. Depending on how Mario's contract is structured, it is possible that there might be a cap hit if he is traded, i suppose.

Capologists??
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote