View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The New Texans Defense!

I was thinking about this.

I'm good with our secondary now. It would be nice to pick up another CB in FA but it's not a necessity at all.

I'd like an experienced 3-4 OLB but I'm kinda OK with what we have. My biggest concern is Mario. I see him as a great 3-4 DE more than an OLB.

I'm worried about our ILBs because I don't expect Demeco to come back at even 80%. I'd like to get one or two ILBs.

DEs... I like Smith and Watt to start. I like this even better with Mario in the rotation. I wouldn't mind another guy here.

I don't have a great feeling about NT. I'd like to pick up a "real" 3-4 NT.

And, as was stated by michaelm, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario traded. He's going into the last year of his contract and he's probably going to be happier as a 4-3 DE. We could get an experienced 3-4 OLB and a good NT and shore up this defense. (And maybe throw in a great WR for the O.)
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote