View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011   #94
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree with S Danieal Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
But is saying "The Texans will pursue Nnamdi" really news, though? Everyone knew we were going to do it. It's like the last few weeks with all of the national media guys tweeting about how we were going to be in the running. Everyone knew that. Just saying.

Regardless, it's been a good day. We've finally made a major, national splash in free agency. We should be happy.
Not in itself. But, the heart of the information I thought was the change in attitude of McNair and his determination to spend significant money to upgrade the defense. I actually thought we'd end up being more prudent and signing someone like Joseph. However, the source was also committed to multiple, significant FA signings on the defensive side of the ball. This was in February, and, considering nothing like this has ever happened in this organization, consider me impressed with the source!