View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #374
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

I can't believe people still think that the Texans were ever going to lay down the scratch to get Aso. Bob doesn't have it in him and Rick Smith has no clue how to pull off a deal and sell a player like that.

I don't know if the the Jets will get him. I sure as hell hope not, because that would be the scariest secondary I've ever seen in any era of the NFL. One thing is for sure though is that Rex Ryan knows how to sell his franchise to players around the league. He has confidence and moxy and he's been able to build more of a winning culture there in just two seasons than what Smithiak has in five. If the Jets can pull the funds together to sign this guy (I don't see how it's possible), then the Texans would be an after thought even if we paid him more because the Texans don't have anyone in this organization that can sell a winning future other than AJ or Cushing and they are just players like a thousand others in the league.

I just hope that Aso doesn't end in NY and ends up somewhere in the NFC. Smith doesn't know how to sign players like these when they have multiple suitors.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote