View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #364
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Rex is of the "defense wins championships" mentality. Their defense was already one of the best in the league, you add Nnamdi and I don't think anyone puts over 10 points a game on them. I could be wrong, but where are you gonna throw? It would be hard to beat 2 shut down corners.
Who's gonna cover the TE's and RB's? WCO was built to defeat this kind of D setup. Put OD and Dreesen on the field in a single back set and they can't cover everyone AND defend the run.
IMO, your best bet on D is to take away 1/2 the field and roll help to the other 1/2 and disguise your coverage as best as possible to bait the QB into throwing to the latter 1/2. That gets into 76Texan's theory of safeties being more of a factor than a CB. An exceptional safety can read the QB's eyes and take appropriate action. Of course, I may be full of it, too.