View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #343
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'd be willing to spend $5 mil of Bob's money and give up a low pick for busting the cap to get Aso. I'm of the opinion that he is this generation's version of Prime Time w/o all the BS. To compare signing him to Haynesworth or just about any other high profile FA bust is disingenuous. Aso has been nothing short of a model citizen in an organization known for showboats, malcontents and rebels without a clue. His down side is miniscule as it is. Compare it to his upside and it's a no-brainer. There is simply no other player in the NFL, short of Revis, that could impact our team as much as Aso. I'm including any QB's you want to throw in, also.
Did you miss the part about the league voiding the contract or are you ignoring that bit? This isn't the NBA with a luxury tax penalty, it's the NFL with the same hard cap it has had for some 20 years now. If your team is pushed above the cap by signing a player, the league will not approve it and he will never join the team until you lose some salary.