View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #267
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

This could be a bad sign for Texans getting Aso.

Quote:
Quarterback Mark Sanchez is willing to put it all on the line -- even his paycheck -- if it means the New York Jets will have a better chance to win.

With NFL teams working under a lower salary cap, the third-year player said he already has had discussions about reworking his contract if it helps to make the Jets stronger as free agency begins.

"Absolutely, and my agent's already talked to me about it," Sanchez said. "Whatever we need to do to win, it's on. I think our whole team feels that way, (Darrelle) Revis, me, whoever, it doesn't matter."

In 2009, Sanchez signed a five-year deal with the Jets that included $28 million in guaranteed money, with incentives making the deal potentially worth $60 million. With the 2011 salary cap now at $120 million per team, restructuring Sanchez's contract would give the Jets the ability to spend more to acquire or re-sign free agents this season.

Sanchez may not have to take a pay cut. Depending on the fine print of a new collective bargaining agreement, Sanchez could have some portion of his base salary of $13.5 million converted into a signing bonus, which would be pro-rated and be less of a hit against the salary cap.

Sources told ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini that it is not clear if the NFL will allow Sanchez, who has only two years of service time under his belt, to restructure his deal.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote