View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #263
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Is it just me, or does Eric Weddle as a Safety make me have the same "meh" feelings as I have for Ike Taylor as a CB?

I feel like both those guys are benefiting from superior secondary play that's happening AROUND them. Isolate them off, onto the Texans secondary, and I don't know that they're all that great here.

I dunno. I have a feeling the Jets or Ravens will land Aso. I have a feeling we're going to end up with a CB/S combo of some sort, and it will probably be guys we've never even discussed on here much.

It can be as simplistic as either (a) Aso and that's it, nor (b) A CB--Taylor Joseph--and a Safety (Weddle).

I suggest everybody scale back they're emotional investment into these types of threads the day before free agency hits. You're going to want to go for a long walk, clear your head of the past 6 months of speculation, and be ready to see what we DO end up with the day of free agency.

I, for one, am just glad that we have football back in the first place. I'd rather root for a Nnamdi-less or Weddle-less Texans team than to have no team to root for at all.

Lots of people are going to drink a beer on free agency day, and I think they're going to spit the beer out. Call me crazy, but there's so many various options the Texans can pursue--and it might not even be on defense!--and the expectations should probably return to planet earth.

I, for one, pledge to all of you that MY panties won't be in a wad. Just like last season, when I knew we were going to tank it and suck the rest of the way out, I had already prepared myself for the letdown. Some of you kept riding the Right Track Express, though, getting out your nifty Bob McNair collector's edition Playoff Calculators to try and figure out what combinations of wins and losses we needed to seek into the wildcard berth. Just like then, I have been training myself with ninja focus...preparing for the day when we are either underwhelmed or treated to a different avenue than what we spent 6 months speculating.

Just like in Cool Hand Luke, you gotta' get yore mind right.

Well played Sir !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote