View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #238
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No. You were talking about how teams would scheme against him. That in itself is bogus, because qb's would still go after him. Not as much as the second or third corner but he would get his fair share of throws at him.

Also, even if he has completely shut down a receiver how is that not beneficial to the team as a whole?

Why allocate resources that way when you have a player that is interested in you that would elevate the play of the entire defense?

You would rather bank on getting two or three solid players rather than getting one franchise guy?

When your plan backfires and one or two of the guys you are targeting goes elsewhere then what? Just pick from the leftovers. That makes no sense to me. You have the top rated player at his position, and it's a position we sorely need and you want to pass him over for Eric weddle and tier 3 corner?

If the money is not outrageous you stretch your pockets a bit and go for the stars. And you know the corny saying. . If you miss then you Langdon the moon.

Allocating resources is just code for being good in a few places while not being great at any. We have a lot of good on this team. It'd be nice to have some greatness.
This is what some are forgetting in comparing 2-3 players to Aso. You have no guarantee we could sign all of the others in any comparison. If you get Nnamdi, he is in the bag, if you sign Weddle for example, we still have to sign another CB.