View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #216
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
As I mentioned earlier, signing Nnamdi would tremendously upgrade our defense, but he's just one CB. What about our safeties? Heck, who ARE our safeties?

I'm all for opening up the checkbook for Nnamdi, given that it's not my money, but there is a limit on how much you can pay one player. Afterall, this is a team game. We need cap room to sign some safeties like Darren Sharper, maybe?
I think with Quinn at S you are looking at two major signings to dramatically improve your defense. Adding Nnamdi alone doesn't give you a top ten defense but it probably puts you in the top half of the league. Lets remember if you can basically take the number 1 guy on the other team everyone looks better.

S: Quinn
S: Weddle
CB: Nnamdi
CB: Allen

S: Quinn
S: Nolan/Keo
CB: Nnamdi
CB: Allen

Sure, the first one looks better. But lets remember, its not just that you add Nnamdi, you slide every one of your CBs down one on the depth chart. Allen is a very servicable #2 but a terrible #1 CB. Jackson's speed liability is covered up if he slides into the nickel. Additionally do your safety's look as bad last year if they are supporting Nnambi on the #1 receiver and Allen on the #2? Suddenly your safeties are providing more support to the #2 AND available to help out on the TE.

Nnamdi doesn't just come in and change one position. He slides everyone down on the depth chart to a position they SHOULD be playing. He changes the way your back 4 operates. Yes Joseph/Cromartie do too, but you can't put them on an island. Nnamdi IS a gamechanger, the kind of game changer we have never had on the defensive side of the ball. Mario and Cushing (rookie) included.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote