View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #207
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
If he is here Houston suddenly joins a short list of teams that has a real shot at going deep into the playoffs.

Think about this. If you shore up half of our problems in the secondary with a lockdown corner.. where do you place us as far as over all teams in the league? Probably a top 5 team. With our offense we are no longer a "threat to come back on you" we are a "threat to put our foot on your throat mid way through the second quarter".

Mike
As I mentioned earlier, signing Nnamdi would tremendously upgrade our defense, but he's just one CB. What about our safeties? Heck, who ARE our safeties?

I'm all for opening up the checkbook for Nnamdi, given that it's not my money, but there is a limit on how much you can pay one player. Afterall, this is a team game. We need cap room to sign some safeties like Darren Sharper, maybe?