View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #193
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
Just a quick point I want to make about Aso's health record, since it seems to be brought up quite frequently: All because a player has never had a major injury before does not mean they are immortal. It's football. Things happen. People are going to go crazy if we pay a guy $20 million a year and he breaks a finger or something this year and isn't quite the same, or tweaks his ankle next year and misses some games.

Granted, I wouldn't let the fear of injuries stop me from signing somebody. But if you spend this kind of money on one player and something does happen, you're screwed. End of story.
And he's 30 years old and not getting any younger. After 30, that's when the nicks and the "nagging injuries" start to happen. He's on the downside of his career, and with his last big contract, there's no incentive for him to give 100%.

It doesn't really matter anyway. He'll need to have his head examined if he chooses the Texans over a playoff caliber team that has decent chance of going to the Super Bowl. Like Herv said, he'll say all the right things to the Texans, but laugh himself silly under his breath.