View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #191
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I'd be extremely excited if we signed Nnamdi, but I wouldn't be disappointed if the Texans targeted and signed two quality CBs such as Joseph and Grimes. That would immediately bolster our secondary, hopefully giving us more salary cap room so that we can sign a safety whom we can play the first game.
The Texans won't sign 2 FA corners this season unless one of those is Jason Allen. They have too many young corners they want to keep and develope. They can only justify keeping 6 on the roster, and likely 4 of those spots will be taken by KJack, Harris, Carmichael, and McMannis, That leaves us our 1 big FA and either McCain or Allen, hopefully they bring back Allen.

Joseph + Weddle + Midtier CB has a much lower chance of happening than Aso + (Gholdson or Sensebaugh). Even (Joseph or Grimes or Marshall + Weddle) has less chance of happening. As much as I like Weddle, I see him coming here less likely than Nnamdi. There is just too much open market for him and he has zero ties here which is usually our main sticking point for landing FAs.

Edit: I'm wrong you can justify having 7 on the roster, but at max only 6 will be active on gameday. 7 is pushing it though and leaves you weaker somewhere else on the roster