View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #178
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 64840 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Samuel's deal fits perfectly fine in to the realm of top FA available for that particular year, which was like 3 years ago now. If you want to spend that kind of money for that contract length, more than likely you are looking way down into the Richard Marshall's, Brandon Carr and players like that.

It's fine if you want the Texans to sign players like that, but I think most people around here and in Houston would rather the Texans actually take a risk in free agency more than once every 3 years.

And it's not like Nnamdi is some Dunta Robinson type player who just happens to be the best available this year but really isn't that good. He is generally considered to be one of the 2 best corners in the game (like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are to WR's right now) as of me typing this. Even if he doesn't work out, it's not like he's Haynesworth who was only good when he was angling for a new contract, he's been doing it without much help around him for awhile now.
I understanding wanting Nnambi. If the Texans signed him, part of me would be very excited. I just love this free agent market and think we could allocate the resources better. Other than trying to make that point, what I'm arguing about is the idea that some posters have that the Texans not signing Nnambi = Texans don't care/want to win. I will gladly acknowledge that signing Nnambi could work out really well for the Texans. It's odd to me that some can't acknowledge that there are other things the Texans could do in this market that could lead to success as well. There are over 500 FAs, many of them are very good and also young... Of course there are other signings the Texans could do that would be both prudent and a genuine effort to build a championship team.

Mainly, the one thing they can't do, is not participate in this free agency. They need to upgrade that secondary with quality veterans. If they are inactive, I'll be the first to criticize them. And, by active, I don't mean signing a couple "C" level free agents for 3 yrs. and $5 million.