View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #174
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Samuel's deal was pretty big, but not a monster deal. I would love for the Texans to spend a similar amount on a CB this year.

Antonio Smith's deal included only about $10 million guaranteed. Deals like the one the Texans gave Antonio are exactly the kind of deals I want the Texans to make.

The Peppers deal is a fair example- It seems a little early to judge the deal. He certainly played well last season and they did reach the playoffs... so, I think that's your best example right now.
Samuel's deal fits perfectly fine in to the realm of top FA available for that particular year, which was like 3 years ago now. If you want to spend that kind of money for that contract length, more than likely you are looking way down into the Richard Marshall's, Brandon Carr and players like that.

It's fine if you want the Texans to sign players like that, but I think most people around here and in Houston would rather the Texans actually take a risk in free agency more than once every 3 years.

And it's not like Nnamdi is some Dunta Robinson type player who just happens to be the best available this year but really isn't that good. He is generally considered to be one of the 2 best corners in the game (like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are to WR's right now) as of me typing this. Even if he doesn't work out, it's not like he's Haynesworth who was only good when he was angling for a new contract, he's been doing it without much help around him for awhile now.