View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #168
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Exactly!

All these people that say "we absolutely must sign NambDi" will be the very first ones out of the block that will say we overpaid him if we did.

I hope they do sign him. I want to hear the uproar from everyone when they hear what it would take to do it.
Cak and Dale are spot on in this topic. If you ask me whether I want Aso, or Eric Weddle and one of the other corners out there, I'll take the latter in a heart beat. This defense has far too many holes in the backfield to assume that one player is going to turn us into Peyton Manning's worst nightmare. Dale also nailed it rock solid with his post on page two about how outbidding the entire NFL for a single player can really set your franchise back if they fail to live up to their pay, which is more often the case than not.

I, too, agree with Cak and draw the line around the $17 million range. At some point, any sensible person says "this is too much money."
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote