View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #163
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Sure I understand it. I also understand that you have a wildly optimistic view of this group of free agent CB's. This is in keeping with your traditionally overly optimistic outlook on things like this. The 10th best CB this year isn't better than Bodden (it's embarrassing for you to even suggest it) and will be signed for less money because he's worth less money. Don't let reality get in the way of a good tale though. Trot out your list of better values and be happy with that if you like. I can't agree with you though.

Many good to great players will be available. That means of course that the Texans will have an almost unobstructed shot at getting as many ordinary-to-good players as they want! Doesn't the thought just make your skin tingle all over!

What CBs on this list are worse than Bodden?:
Asomugha
Joseph
Grimes
Brandon Carr
Ike Taylor
Carlos Rogers
Antonio Cromartie
Eric Wright
Kelly Jennings
Josh Wilson
Richard Marshall
Chris Carr
Drayton Florence
Chris Houston....

If you can eliminate 5 from this list, then that would put Bodden at #10... I'm not here to disparage Bodden... but, there are definitely 10 from this list that I'd prefer. And, I doubt I'm alone.

Regarding my "optimism". I was not optimistic about last year's FA list of CBs. I thought it was a lousy list last year. I thought last year's FA group, in general, was pathetic and I said so. It's quite a leap to suggest that because I entered the last few Texans' seasons with hope and optimism, that means that I will overrate the NFL free agent list of CBs... Doesn't make sense! If anything, seeing the Texans with rose-colored glasses would give me a more cynical view of non-Texan players. How does my "negative opinion" on signing Nnambi mesh with my unreasonable optimism? There are multiple reports that the Texans are going to sign him (we wrote two stories in February predicting this) and I am absolutely opposed to it.