View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #157
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
That's clearly not true. Which, is my point. At some point, the money given to Asomugha would be too costly. It could mean Mario is not re-signed. It could mean that the team is not able to sign Abrayo Franklin and Eric Weddle. It could mean the team lets Foster walk in two years. This romanticism of a single free agent at the expense of all logic and reason baffles me.

How did the Haynesworth deal work out? How many of you were begging the Texans to spend money on him?

How about the 8 year 80 million given to Nate Clements... good player but that hasn't worked out too well for SF.

Even with the Patriots got into the elite FA market, it didn't go so well: Adalius Thomas flamed out after the Pats gave him $50 million over 7 years.

This is the NFL, not the NBA. One player doesn't make the difference (other than QB) between winners and losers. Almost all of the great FA signings the past 10 years have been bargain-hunting signings.

Charles Woodson- teams had soured on him after a few mediocre years in Oakland and GB got him at a discount.

Drew Brees- had a bad shoulder and the Saints got him at a discount

Mike Vick- Eagles got him at a major discount after his jail time.

I'm really struggling to think of any elite FA bidding war where the team that ended up with the player got value from him. Anyone? Surely, there is one or two examples but I honestly can't think of any.
How did Peppers work out for Chicago? What about Samuel to the Eagles? Antonio Smith has been pretty good here (not on the same level as the previous two but it does hit close to home).

Not every big FA signing is a huge failure you goon and you know this dale.

C'mon man.