View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #153
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Don't you understand the uniqueness of this free agent market? This is the best free agent market, by far, in over a decade. There are a dozen CBs in free agency that would improve most NFL secondaries, certainly ours. Furthermore, beyond the CB market, there are many good to great NFL players just entering into their prime that could be major assets to our football team.

In free agency, last year's 2nd best CB was Leigh Bodden. This year the 10th best FA CB is clearly better than Bodden and will likely be signed for less money than Bodden was last year.
Sure I understand it. I also understand that you have a wildly optimistic view of this group of free agent CB's. This is in keeping with your traditionally overly optimistic outlook on things like this. The 10th best CB this year isn't better than Bodden (it's embarrassing for you to even suggest it) and will be signed for less money because he's worth less money. Don't let reality get in the way of a good tale though. Trot out your list of better values and be happy with that if you like. I can't agree with you though.

Many good to great players will be available. That means of course that the Texans will have an almost unobstructed shot at getting as many ordinary-to-good players as they want! Doesn't the thought just make your skin tingle all over!