View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #135
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I do not want them to outbid everyone for Nnambi! No way. We should avoid these sweepstakes and get a CB for half the money, that is 2 or 3 years younger, and not already preparing for his life after football!
You are so lost sometimes. He's not old, he's not going to break the bank, and how many times have we gone out and signed a cornerback who was half the price of someone like Aso? How's that worked out so far?

I don't understand the reluctance to go out and get the best possible solution to one of our biggest problems over the last decade. A great player is on the market at a position we need and we have the chance to get him for money. Not picks, not players, just money. What is wrong with Texans fans that they can't imagine a reality where the team pays big money for the closest thing to a free agent sure thing in memory? Someone is going to sign him and that team will still be able to field a roster of players at least as good as ours I promise you. That team will have money to sign rookie contracts and they'll be able to pick up street free agents during the season to fill holes. He'll be expensive but he isn't going to render your team incapable of operating.

In 3-4 years his contract will look like a bargain compared to what the top free agent CB costs (whoever that may be).