View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011   #129
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
What CB is going to even be near his level that only wants half? I'm genuinely curious on this.
This free agent market is flooded, particularly at the CB position. I'm not sure which players will be the best bargains, only that the principles of supply and demand will ensure that some will be. We have never seen a market this loaded with young talent in the salary cap era. Here are some names for you:

Johnathan Joseph
Brent Grimes
Antonio Cromartie
Brandon Carr
Josh Wilson
Chris Carr
Richard Marshall
Kelly Jennings
Chris Houston
Eric Wright
Fabian Washington

and that list excludes the 30 and 31 year old FAs that will also be in market:

Drayton Florence
Carlos Rogers
Ike Taylor
Phillip Buchanan

I'm not saying that all those guys are great players. But, some are/will be very good and smart teams will have the opportunity to assess which ones will have the best value as the NFL moves through this truncated free agent process.