View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 Top RBs Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
True, I'm sure my top ten will change drastically by the time my draft comes around. Hell, it's changed in the couple of hours since I wrote it.

Still fun to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You're right that it's to early, but you could still do one for these current circumstances. Might be interesting to see how things change.

I'll make mine later as I don't have the time.

I disagree that Leach being gone would put Foster at the bottom of the top ten. You have to remember that the Texans could possibly end up with a guy that's pretty effective to replace him. I think you'd need to see at least one season without Leach to think him being gone with impact Foster's production that much. I think that a healthy Ben Tate will effect Foster's production more than anything if Tate ends up being pretty good and that would be a good thing.
I can agree with the sentiment, but when I study for fantasy football, I don't just sit around and think about what these guys will do. I'll take into account how the team's chemistry will change with the addition of new players (Falcons getting #2 WR = less rushes), loss of players (LEACH!!!), change in offensive schemes or OCs (Browns' Hillis should have an average year), injury potential and defensive strength of schedule. It's just a lot of work to go through for something that I won't really begin until rosters are set for the most part.

So here's my 'half-hearted' list of RBs as it stands now:

1. AP (Run-first team with rookie QB)
2. CJ (Run-first team with rookie QB)
3. Charles (Matt Cassel will continue to suck)
4. McCoy (LeSean coupled with Vick opens up a lot of field for him to run)
5. Foster (I think he will see quite a few less carries, and Ward and Tate should get more carries for the Three Headed Monster known as "The Tardster")
6. Rice (Flacco's not a great QB, but he gets the ball to Rice a lot because of that. Rice ought to be top 5 RB in PPR leagues)
7. Mendenhall (Seems about right for him, slight improvement from last year)
8. MJD (I have trouble putting him here, I think he starts to break down in 2011)
9. Steven Jackson (Still waiting for this guy to fall apart, but he's a solid 8-12 RB each year)
10. Matt Forte (Should have remarkable improvement behind new O-line draftees. Had great averages last year, but not enough attempts)