View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011   #260
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Was that cover 2?

The tight-end started on the outside, Jackson had him. Gaffney was in the slot, looked like Nolan had him..... It looked like man to me.

When the tightend motioned to the RT, Jackson came to get Gaffney, Nolan should have switched to the TE.

Doesn't look like Nolan switched. Gaffney ran right past both Jackson & Nolan......

There are probably a couple of things that should have happened or could've happened on that play. Regardless, there is no reason for KJac to allow Gaffney to run past him when he sees he has no help.

I don't know if that is evidence of lack of talent, or lack of speed. for all I know, he got caught up trying to tell Nolan to back up & go to a cover 2 shell....
It was cover 2, 5-underneath zones, with a 4-man front.
Based on this formation and also the fact that the announcer said "Troy Nolan beaten on the play".
We can tell that Nolan bit the run fake and vacated his two-deep zone.
That can be the only reason for the announcer to say so.

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote