View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011   #239
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've been meaning to ask 76Texan about the difference in footwork and if that caused KJ problems especially coming from a college that taught a technique.
I never did see Jackson play the shuffle at Alabama (even though Saban did use it on a very limited basis some years before.)

They didn't play zone there either.
When people talk about zone at Alabama, it was the pattern matching concept.
It's a zone that turns into man very quickly.
It's more like switch-man defense in basketball with weak side help, something like that.

I know that all the SEC fields were grass.
I imagine he needs some time to get use to playing on other surfaces, wearing different type of shoes.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote