View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011   #237
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You're making it sound like KJ was almost on par with Aso. Except the Raiders had better S play. If this is true Huff should be valued like Reed and Polamalu in FA.

You've done a fine job using a few plays to illustrate your point with KJ. My eyes at the time told me a different story. I also remember the thread about D.Gibbs teaching the CB's a different technique than most other DB coaches. This contributed mightly to KJ's struggles. IMHO

I do appreciate all of the time you spend watching film. It's very informative.
I think the main thing to take away is that KJ wasn't always as bad as he looked. That's not to say he was great or that he was anywhere near the level he needed to be. But the safeties and linebackers didn't do him any favors.

I've been meaning to ask 76Texan about the difference in footwork and if that caused KJ problems especially coming from a college that taught a technique.

But ultimately, our whole defense sucked. Top to bottom. And I don't think our players are that stupid or that untalented. Why is it that our players (for the past 5 years) have to have our defenses dumbed down for them and have to play everything vanilla and no one else's players seem to have that problem? That's got to be at least partially on the coaches.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote