View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011   #236
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you are making things too complicated. I disagree with your analysis of the play as well.

To me it looks like the lb didn't get deep enough and the safety had to come up and fill the void. He squeezes down on the crossing route and he let's Jackson "handle" the deep route.

Jackson just used poor technique and wasn't physically gifted enough to overcome it. He got roasted. Even if Eugene plays the deep route the middle crossing route is wide open because of the play fake and the lbs not busting his butt to get depth.

Rivers is a very good qb and be was going to find the open man.

Jackson still needs to be able to make a tackle or be in the vicinity to at least make a play on the receiver.

You are putting too much pressure on the safeties IMO. Their job is to help the corners when possible. Not completely bail them out. Otherwise, what exactly is the point of Kareem being out there?

The safeties were not good, but when you have lbs that struggle in coverage and corners that can't stay within tackling distance of their man it makes your job harder.

I said this before and I'll say it again. . .Bernard pollard had a very good year the year before Kareem arrived and Wilson was thought to be a decent stop gap until we got a better player there.

Kareem and the rest of the kiddy corners arrive and they are the worst coverage safeties ever? Not buying it.

I've seen dunta and reeves and other corners at least be around the receiver when the catch was made. I haven't seen a corner consistently so far away from his man when the ball was thrown since faggins.

The safety isn't always going to be right there over the top giving a helping hand. You have to man up and make a play sometimes. Kareem never did that.

If the safety didn't do enough to help Kareem he got burned. That's mostly what I'm getting from this thread.

If Kareem got burned it was someone elses fault. Coaches, safeties, wr cheated.

Well Kareem needs to man the heck up next season because every thing around him isnt always going to be perfect. It'd be nice if the first round pick could actually flash some playmaking ability or at least not look uncomfortable so much.

Even if you found one Kareem esque play from aso I guarantee that he manned up and made more plays when someone else messed up than Kareem did. I know that Deion has some plays where he looked bad, Kareem Jackson bad. But I guarantee be manned up and made some plays.

I didn't think Kareem would be great his rookie season, but I didn't expect him to be that bad.

I really can't take the analysis serious because you arent presenting plays that clearly show Kareem messing up. Every bad play he was a part of you are blaming it on someone else.

It would make for a better discussion if you presented both sides so that a good analysis could be made. Show the good, the bad and the ugly. Right not it just seems like you are trying to force feed this notion that Kareem was actually good. It was everyone else around him that let him down.

And I'm not saying this with any animosity or mean spiritedness. I just don't think that you are being very objective and you are looking for and clinging on to anything you can find to try and prove a point that most of us just aren't going to take seriously.

Kareem was awful last year. I think he has talent. But a majority of his woes were not due to outside forces. Well maybe the biggest factor was an outside force. He should have never been handed a starting job without earning it. He was not ready.

Hopefully this coming season he steps his game up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote