View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011   #233
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is there a problem here with the spacing of the linebackers?

Should the MLB have gotten a little more depth on this? Or is this where he's supposed to be? That just seems like a huge hole there and the LB should be taking that passing lane away. At least, that's what it looks like to me.
I have considered it and I agree with you.
But it's also a tough call for the MLB.
He did have to play the run, and then he had to look for the FB at the same time he made his drop.

The rule in zone coverage is to gain depth first, and that he didn't do.
He went horizontal a bit too much.
He could have helped Wilson from making the early jump, but only if he committed to getting depth first.

Basically, the Chargers PA run fake works just as ours normally did.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote