View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011   #224
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That would be great if we had any LB's that were good in coverage. I'm with you and a few others as far as being concerned with our LB corps. I don't count on Ryans coming back anywhere near 100% his pre-injury self or count on him for any extended length of time. So with whom and how is Wade going to improve that aspect of coverage? Do you think Sharpton will be that much improved in his sophomor season? He showed nice flashes last season.
I like Sharpton. I just rewatched a little of the Broncos game and it was said during the game that the Texans are really excited about him (I've heard that before.)

I know I've said this before, but we do have quite a few players who played the same coverage scheme as Wade's in college: Jackson, Harris, Carmichael, Keo, Demeco, Sharpton, Adibi.

I know I have some game tapes of Nolan somewhere, I can check that as well.
Don't think I have one of Quin though.

Safety or CB?
Well, if we only get one than I have to go with Aso.

I actually think that Jackson's make up is very good to be a safety.
If we get Aso and another vet, I wouldn't hesitate to move Jackson to safety.

Nolan may work out if he can raise his football IQ some (but then again, we've already tried Pollard.)
I still haven't given up on him though. We'll see if he can improve.

In the end, it's probably more realistic to hope for a vet CB not named Aso and a vet safety.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote