View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011   #221
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
In summary, I do not feel it would be wise for the Texans to assume that Jackson will improve and become a competent player in 2011. By drafting CBs and (hopefully) bringing in a top free agent, I believe the organization agrees with that rationale. It's time for the Texans to discontinue the practice of handing young players jobs they have not earned. Kareem Jackson has yet to earn a job as a Houston Texan.
FYI, this is what Kubiak said at the combine:

(on whats been said to cornerback Kareem Jackson this offseason) I think hes going to be a great player. I really do. We drafted him. We put him in a tough spot. As a player, we start him from day one. We know he went through some tough times. The whole back end went through some tough times. To be a great player in this league, I think you have to go through some of that. The thing that Im impressed with Kareem is through last year he never missed a day. Never missed a practice. Never missed a game. When youre able to withstand that type of stuff, youre able to go through tough times. The biggest bounce you usually make is from year one to two. Im expecting him to do that.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-671c5554f1ae
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote