View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011   #193
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Unless you are saying each one of those corners in the exact same situation played that situation wrong. If that is your argument, all 76 is asking, is to tell him when & where you saw it done right. A picture or video would be nice... but no one is taking him up on that one.
Don't be obtuse. I watched every play of the Texans 2010 season, as well as many other NFL games. In my lifetime, I've watched over 1000 NFL games. I know what a good cornerback looks like. I know what a bad cornerback looks like. In the 2010 season, Kareem Jackson was a bad cornerback. Even for a rookie. The results back me up.

I'm not saying Jackson was well supported by the players or the coaches surrounding him. I'm not suggesting that it is impossible for Kareem to improve. What I am saying is that Jackson was atrocious in 2010 and it's not automatic that he will improve. There may be physical limitations that he cannot overcome. Wade Phillips himself has openly questioned Jackson's ability.

In summary, I do not feel it would be wise for the Texans to assume that Jackson will improve and become a competent player in 2011. By drafting CBs and (hopefully) bringing in a top free agent, I believe the organization agrees with that rationale. It's time for the Texans to discontinue the practice of handing young players jobs they have not earned. Kareem Jackson has yet to earn a job as a Houston Texan.