View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011   #178
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
See, that's why I mean by generalization.

If you know football, and you love football, go through each of these plays with me, and give me your opinion how, what, and why things can be better.
Don't be a common fan.
You say you're not.
Learn me what I don't know!
I will as soon as I'm off my phone and on the computer.

What I think you should do though is look at the plays where Kareem screwed up.

All corners get beat or "appear to get beat".

That's why you have to have a short memory at the position. So yeah, you can point out plays where aso got beat or revis got schooled. Difference is those guys make their safeties job easier. Kjax doesn't. Even if you're expecting help that doesn't mean you let the wr do what ever they want. You still should be in playmaking distance. Sometimes the safeties will bite on other things. Tis the nature of being a safety.

The difference between the good corners and the shitty ones is that the good ones have the ability to atleast occasionally bail out bad play from others around them.

If you can only perform when the safeties are exactly where they should be, then you're not that good.

If you seem to screw up Everytime a safety is out of position then you are too handicapped to play the position. It's football. People around you are going to mess up.

Funny how other corners didn't find themselves in the same positions kj was in even though they were playing in the same defense and often times against better receivers.

Kjs footwork was awful. Once guys got past him he had no make up speed. He didn't make plays on the field. He wasn't strong at the Los.

I will go back and look at the plays but if you want to talk football we can talk about his timid demeanor in coverage and his shitty techniques.

I get he was a rookie, but he looked lost. Not very instinctual.

It looked like at times like he had no preparation throughout the week and was just told to react to whatever route was run. You see other corners occasionally jump routes because they've seen it on film, and have a feeling it's about to be run. They key off something. Jackson was all reactionary with poor technique.

It's fine too look at plays and say he should have had help, but you have to take into account the total picture. You're a corner you're going to get beat. My coach used to tell the DBS that all the time. But then he'd follow it up with "at least be in position to tackle the guy or slow him down".

Getting beat doesn't mean you have to give up super long td's or huge chunks of yardage.

What exactly did Kareem do to make the safeties job easier?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote