View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011   #164
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That is in the card, my young man (I do like your enthusiasm too).
Some of the things I can show you (if I have time) includes the time he was with the Dolphins.
It will be kinda funny though, the Dolphins time, it looks like he was alright (and pretty good even).
I don't know what to tell you; on the surface, Allen had his good moments (like Pollard).
His bad moments were here and there but insignificant to a casual fan (this last season), yet he was canned.
He was canned for the things I saw, not the stats line he showed (as a Dolphins.)
It will be hard to prove; all I know is that he can only be canned because what I observed.
As a casual fan, if I present to you what he did as a Dolphins, you would say, why did them stupid coaches give him the pink slip for.
But they did. I don't know what else to tell you.
They saw what I must have been learning to see... the big picture.
Otherwise, it would have been totally foolish of them to let him go.

As a Texan, he showed much the same, only a liittle worse.
And I will show you.
He was not terrible, because as I've said, our CBs played better than the opponents'.
He's somewhat similar to Pollard. He can make some good plays and then he would give it all up. For a veteran, you can't have that.

Personally, I want a bunch of players who know what they are doing.
Sure, they can get beat here and there because they are not the strongest, nor the fastest.
But as long as they are capable somewhat in that regard, I will take them any time they show me they can do very well in the team concept.

I will play eleven guys against your 9 or 10 guys anytime, even though my guys are slower or smaller, or not as physical.
I don't understand how you can find evidence that Revis, Aso, etc. could get burned the same way KJ did but have a hard time finding that evidence for Allen. Look at the same games, just on the other side of the field.
I just don't get that bolded part at all.