View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011   #148
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
From my observations, I think because we played so much zone since Richard Smith, the back seven weren't taught to recognize route patterns as a whole.
When the opponents flood one zone with 2 or 3 receivers, we were left short-handed since we didn't stretch our zones very well as compared to better defenses.
The Ravens, for example, played a lot of zone, but their zone is much tighter than ours.

Wade's scheme relies on teaching the player to recognize routes and patterns. The LBs (especially the ILBs) will be of much more help in pass defense.
Good post.