Thread: Camping Indoors
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004   #25
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It felt to me from reading these boards that although several posters felt John McClain was 'untouchable' (it felt like he arranged something for them, but I don't know) others were really upset by the coverage.
you hit the nail on the head with that one, MISTRIL. McClain has managed to hand out a few free tickets and other 'favors' to certain board members in a blatent attemt to ingratiate himself and get out of the 'hot seat' treatment that this board USED to give him.

Now since a few fellow MB members don't want to 'bite the hand that feeds them' these special 'courtesys' and be cut out of the free tickets/ tours/ Texans team handshake's, they have significantly changed their tune regarding him.

a few, such as aj, still can see the truth of McLame's abysmal reporting and OBVIOUS favortism of the Titans/Cowboys. To put it in an old cliche "you lay down with dogs you are going to get up with fleas". I have personally declined any and all invitations simply because of that fact. McLame knows how to pass out 'goodies' and get out of the hot seat. He is an expert at that. IMHO though, that is the ONLY thing he is an expert at.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote