View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011   #106
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And part of the reason why it happened to Jackson more often than anyone is because of the extraordinarily bad safety help.

Not saying he would have been great, but he wouldn't have been anywhere as bad if he had gotten the help he was supposed to have gotten.
To me, it's possible that a lot of what was wrong was really Bush and Gibbs.

I don't think they had our CBs playing the right "style," which might indicate why David Gibbs was axed in K.C. and scurried so quickly to get here. I'm not all that thrilled that we've got Vance Joseph (right?) as our DB coach, just because I view this as David Gibbs version 2.0.

It looked like the CBs were told to read and react, and the Safeties were called upon to bail them out or provide the knockout punch. The safeties and the CBs were prone to looking at each other, pre-snap, and shrugging shoulders and hands/palms turned up as if to say "Hell if I know..." then the ball was snapped and cue the Keystone Cops music.

As much as KJ gets ribbed on here, I happen to think Wade Phillips will correct a lot of what was wrong. And if KJ doesn't catch onto what Wade wants, I think there'll be someone stuck out there whom Wade thinks can do it. I see Wade as being very impartial and very scrutinizing out there. He, of all people, will be under a microscope because his dad is Bum and he also got canned by the 'Boys. He has a lot to prove.