View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011   #76
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i also like what 76 is doing i look at it and he goes really in depth. But my whole point is that a CB should not need to depend on a safety. If he cant cover a WR man to man than maybe he shouldnt be a CB. The WR is the CBs job 90% of the time the safety is there to help. So we should expect our CBs to be able to cover guys without help. Look at 09 Dunta and Quin played far better with little to no help as well. Pollard was always in the box and Wilson was still Wilson.
Just about any CB in the NFL can cover the average reciever one on one when you take out all factors outside of those two players. But that isnt reality , unless they are on the practice field.
Its when you add in multiple routes and coverage scheme's that give the CB responsibilities outside of that man on man coverage that the waters get muddied. The mistakes one player makes can easily be compounded or cause a chain of mistakes or simple compensation opening a window elsewhere.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote