View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011   #64
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Secondary is a big problem.. if not #1 (NT maybe) it's #2. But the problem isn't & wasn't the corners. Safeties... if you look at 76's examples, the safety biting down on the run fake imo is what sets everything else in motion. If he's going to bite, the off corner has to take his place, or the other safety has to recognize & widen out.

We're talking about 40+ yard passes in his examples, the other safety maybe could have gotten over in time to do something.

& while we did give up many of those, we gave up more underneath.. crossing routes, quick outs to TEs, screens to RBs.. that's on the LBs & the DL. They have to recognize screens (& we are terrible at it) & the LBs have to control the middle of the field. They just have to.
I completely agree with that. That's why I said secondary as a whole instead of specifying a particular position. Someone still needs to make sure Kareem has some longer spikes on his shoes this season. Maybe it'll keep him on his feet a little more often.