View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011   #44
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't think you can "learn" how to have a laser-rocket-cannon of an arm. It's like speed. Either you have it, or you don't. Schaub doesn't.
Nice thread, 76. You exposed a weakness in coverage and provided unequivocal evidence of Schaub lacking the said laser-rocket-cannon arm.
I know Schaub doesn't have a laser-rocket arm and there's been quite a few times where he hasn't hit the receiver in stride but I'm not sure it doesn't have to do more with us running so much play-action. That takes the play a little longer to develop and the wideout gets downfield quicker.

If you look at the time as the play unfolds, I don't know that there's many QB's that can throw a 60+ yard laser. Flacco, Big Ben, I'm sure a few more.

6:02 - play starts (play action).
5:59 - Schaub begins throw at 7 yard line.
5:58 - Schaub releases the ball with front foot on 9 yard line.
5:56 - Walter enters screenshot at 35 yard line.
5:55 - Pass Interference while Walter is at 31 yard line (ball lands at the 29).

So it takes 4 seconds from the snap for Schaub to release the ball. And then it takes 3 seconds for the ball to travel 62 yards. My best guess is that Walter is around the 50 yard line when Schaub throws the ball and running full speed downfield.

Again, I'm not saying Schaub's arm isn't an "issue", I just think it gets overplayed as a weakness. I also suspect that Kubiak/Schaub have a "pass interference" play in the bag. While Walter isn't burner fast, he's sneaky fast and has a knack for drawing flags against the DB. But that's my tin foil hat talking I guess.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote