Thread: Camping Indoors
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For those who keep complaining that he spends a lot of time on the Cowboys and Titans, remember that there are a lot of fans in the Houston area of those two teams.
There's a lot of Packers and Bears fans living in Minneapolis. Do you think they wake up to find half-page articles about Favre or Grossman in the Star Tribune?

The only reason Bethea is in the HOF (besides his body of work) is because of McClain.

I liked McClain better as a Oilers beat writer back in the day than I do as an NFL guy now. I still like listening to him on Friday evenings. He is a really nice guy. I just don't like the Chronicle's NFL priorities beyond the Texans.

Whether his "assignment" to cover all Dallas' road games was the Chonicle's choice or not is anybody's guess. He says he's not a Dallas fan but he sure likes spending time over there. He really hasn't done that much titan coverage in the Chronicle lately but he's still very much plugged in over there.

Last edited by aj.; 07-31-2004 at 08:39 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote