View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004   #24
tsquared
Rookie

Post Tough Division

While the AFC South is a tough division-there is a legitimate chance the Texans could surprise a lot of folks.

I don't know how Tennessee can say they are stronger this year than last...key losses like McCarrons, Kearse and George will definitely affect them early.

Indianapolis looks like the class of the division and should compete to be the AFC representative in Jacksonville, but the big Manning contract could hurt their depth in the long run.

Jacksonville is a crap shoot...who knows how good Leftwich will be, and they still have questions at WR and in my opinion health at the running back slot.

Now as for the Texans...young still, but the defense should be greatly improved...heck just getting Walker and Glenn back is liking picking up an additional two first round draft picks...Robinson looks like the real deal and I love the move of Coleman to safety...all in all I think we get a unit that looks a lot more like the 2002 group and not the injury plagued 2003 squad.
Offensively we should be much more efficient..."the triplets" should all show great improvement again this year and the addtion of Wade at tackle and Bruener at TE makes the offensive line much more formidable.

I don't know where we will ultimately end up (7-9 to 10-6 could all be argued), but I know this...I think Texans fans are in for another great year and there is an outside chance the last few games of this '04 season could actually mean something for the first time in our history.
tsquared is offline   Reply With Quote