View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011   #78
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If CB Nnamdis Asomugha signed Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Just for clarification:

Do I like the chances of the Texans chances of being good with Wade more than any of the previous DCs? Of course, he has a clear record of being able to put together good ( not great) NFL defenses.

Do I like the chances of the Texans being good with Nnamdi than with any other free agent corner back? Of course, he has been either the best or 2nd best CB in the league by all accounts for the last 5 years or so. Still how much has he helped Oakland's bottonmline as a team?

Do I like the overall draft of the Texans? Yes, but they are rookies and expecting them to be better than people who have at least proven they stay on an NFL roster is always shaky. I am hoping but that's all.

Until the Texans break their mediocore overall behavior, there is not a reason for me to expect more than some teasing at goodness and mediocore results. This dude or that move can't override multiple years of the same darn thing under Smithiak. More hopeful, yes. Actually excited, no.
Exactly. Totally agree.

Sung to the tune of Aretha Franklin's "Respect"....

R-E-S-U-L-T-S...

That is the big ultimate test.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote